1.22.2011

what has my life come to?!

Ahhh, Saturday night.  I'm sure most of you are enjoying your day of no work, enjoying a glass of wine or 2 (or 5) and have got some big plans up your sleeve.

Well, not this girl.  Here I sit, alone (hubs is on his way back from an away game), sipping chamomile tea with a moisturizing mask on my face and freakin' blogging.  And I'm completely okay with that.  What the heck has my life come to?!  They really don't lie when they say you become "old and married fast".  Guess I better get used to it!

Today was spent at the gym & doing lots of grocery shopping.  My friend A and I did a choreography workout class- we were alllll over the place.  Those of you who know me know how uncoordinated I am- all I could do was laugh at myself.  Then came stretching and doing the "splits".  I use that term very loosely, the only thing splitting was my pants.  All of the other women seemed to do just fine, but nope, not me!  My two workout weaknesses- dancing & flexibility.  Let's just say I probably won't be showing my face in that class again...

We're having an "American dinner" at our place tomorrow evening with the 2 other Americans on our team, and one of their wives and baby.   I've been trying out so many new recipes and I need someone to put them to the test besides J.  I added a new recipe or 2 to my new Recipe Box Tab at the top of my blog this afternoon.  I will be adding a few more in the next day or 2.   My favorite is the Strawberry Cheesecake I made today (for dessert tomorrow).  ENJOY!

Lastly, Marian at Escaping the Single Life started participating in a thing called "Friday Newsflash" that she saw on another blog.  At first when I read her suggestion for others to do the same, I laughed it off.  "I don't know any sort of news flashes.  I live in Finland.  I don't know about anything that goes on until at least a week after it happens.  They sell 2 month old copies of US Weekly at the grocery store for 7 euros.  The only "news" I get is what is on Yahoo when I check my e-mail account...". 

But then, I had an idea.  Since I don't get my "American news" until you've surely already heard about it, and by then it's old and boring to you.... why don't I create a "Friday Newsflash" about what is making headlines in Finland?  It will be somewhat of a challenge to me- there aren't a lot of news sources and articles written in English, but I'm willing to at least attempt it.  To be honest, I don't have much of an idea what kind of news articles there are, so it will be as big of a surprise to me as it is to you.  It's a good way of forcing myself to become more aware of what is going on around me, and to also educate you all a little bit more about Finland :)  I can't promise you they will all be as entertaining as Santa's Helper Caught Drunk Driving,  but check back next Friday and we'll give it a shot!

That's all for tonight, just a quick update on what's going on over here.  I'm off to bed! xo

3 comments:

  1. Don't you like how everyone else in the 'normal' life gets free weekends, and we get hockey games!? Also, my favorite thing to do when the hubs is gone is to do a mask! Haha, I am glad you like it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha..so funny! Last night I fell asleep at 10.30 so I guess that this is what marriage life does to you..lol
    I mean its sunday morning right now and im awake at 08.00!!!!
    Oh and im really looking forward to the Friday Newsflash goes Finnish;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, that sounds like my kind of Saturday night!! We went out Friday night for a few birthday parties...and I was beat by 11pm...I blame it on being happily married and have no problem staying in with the hubby regularly on weekends:)

    And I would love to learn more about the Finnish news!!

    ReplyDelete