1.17.2011

baked potato soup

I tried a new recipe out today that I have to share with all of you.  I wanted to give Baked Potato Soup a try, because soup is so delicious in the winter and both of us love it.  It's also a great way to use left over baked potatoes.  I found a recipe online, changed it around a bit, and came out with a pretty delicious product. 


Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients:
3-4 slices bacon
1/3 cup margarine/butter
1/3 cup flour
3 1/2 cups milk
2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped onion
1 tsp. parsley
1/4 tsp. garlic salt (or garlic powder)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt (if used garlic powder, use 1 tsp. salt)
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Cook bacon in skillet, crumble and set aside.
Melt margarine in a pot over medium heat.  Whisk in flour until smooth.  Pour in milk, whisking frequently until thickened.  Stir in potatoes, onions, parsley & garlic salt, bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.  Add bacon pieces, sour cream, cheese, salt, and pepper.  Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.

Serve hot with bacon pieces and cheddar cheese garnish.  Makes 3-4 servings.  Enjoy!

*I'm currently working on a post about Moving to Europe with your Dog.  Check back tomorrow or Wednesday for some tips and a how-to!

4 comments:

  1. wow that sounds so Yummy!! But maybe I have to do a slim version of it since im going for Beach 2011 now..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy yum! This is my favorite winter treat. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Easy to change the recipe to work for vegetarians too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm. I've never even thought of something like a baked potato soup, but it looks DELICIOUS. I want to eat it so bad - I'll definitely have to try making it this weekend :D

    ReplyDelete