6.28.2011

stop and smell the roses

Today is an exciting day for me... my blog is the "featured blog" today on For The Love of Blogs!  These ladies have created a fabulous community of bloggers from all corners of the world that blog about all different kinds of things.  Head over and check them out if you haven't yet!  And if you're visiting from there - welcome!  Thanks for stopping by, & Enjoy!  Be sure and take a minute to say hi - I loveee to hear from each and every one of you! :)


 
The ladies over at FTLOB must be psychic or something, because I really needed a pick me up after the past couple of days.... and I've been all smiles since I saw my post up there this afternoon :)

I tried my best to keep a happy face on this past weekend while the hubby and I celebrated our first anniversary (don't get me wrong, I was very excited to be celebrating our first year of marriage!!) but I wasn't expecting it to be the only thing we were celebrating.

You see, Saturday would have marked the half-way point of my pregnancy.  I had had it all planned out in my head- we would find out at our mid-pregnancy ultrasound whether our peanut was a boy or a girl, keep it sealed in an envelope, and open it together on our anniversary for the ultimate surpise (although, who knows if I would have actually been able to hold out- knowing me I would have ripped the envelope open on the way home from the doctor). 

Once I realized that wasn't going to be happening and that we would instead, once again, be in the "trying" phase of starting our family-- I realized that this past weekend would be when we would get our potential positive test.

Ohhh, what a wonderful anniversary present it would be!  To off-set the sadness of not being able to celebrate the halfway point of pregnancy, we would instead learn that we were expecting again, right?!  We were 2 for 2 in trying so far, so it would always just be that simple every time, right?!

Yeah, right.  That would be way too good to be true. 

That would mean we'd be able to work things out for me to stay home the rest of the first trimester and head over to Finland only a month later than J's departure date.  That would mean our little one would be born at the end of the regular season, in plenty of time before playoffs and wouldn't delay us getting home after the season at all either. 

That would mean we'd catch a break for once.

But you know what, I'm sick of letting things get the best of me.  I'm sick of getting my hopes up, only to be disappointed.  I'm sick of constantly feeling that I'm being failed all of the time.  And I'm pretty sure my husband, Mr. Positive himself, is getting sick of me having these negative feelings all the time.  It's been driving him crazy that he cannot "fix" it.

Hockey doesn't grant us much control over any aspect of our lives, so I should be used to this aspect of "no control over things".  I think I'm finally ready to let go of it all and just let it happen.  I don't want to look back and realize how much time I've wasted being disappointed and not being happy with what I have right in front of me.  That doesn't mean we have to stop trying to reach our ultimate goal of having a baby (and hopefully still sooner than later!)  But maybe it's time to start appreciating what we do have.  What we can control. 

The rest will take care of itself from there.  Our time will come, but for now.... I'm going to make a better effort to be happy with what I've got.

What do you appreciate most about your life?  Do you ever find yourself so focused on something that you forget to "stop and smell the roses"?





Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Saw you on FTLOB and I'm your newest follower. I love your blog (and hockey)! I'm so sorry to hear about everything you're going through right now - wishing you the best and hoping for great news for you soon! You're right - your time will come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being featured! I saw you on For the Love of Blogs and I am your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from FTLOB and love your blog! I'm sorry about your miscarriages; know that you and your husband are in my heart and prayers!

    <3

    Thanks for letting me jump in your life for a little bit!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a GREAT attitude to take! So sorry things haven't worked out the way you wanted but surely they will work out the way they are supposed to. Congrats on your feature at FTLOB by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the pregnancy, being featured, and your one year anniversary! I cannot wait to have a baby! :) FTLOB is a great community I am glad that I got involved and meeting tons of new people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Australia to Finland and the USA! Read your guest post at "For the love of blogging" and had to come over and say how much I enjoyed your story and that I am your latest follower. Yes stop and smell the roses and enjoy all the great parts of your life that are going right - easier said than done, but keep reminding yourself - I know I do and I've nearly died twice. (You'd think that would be enough to get it.) Great to be connected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you to ALL you ladies for stopping by and checking out my blog :) I'm always happy to learn when more and more people enjoy my blog- it's nice that all of the effort is paying off :) Can't wait to visit all of your blogs, also!

    Miss Jewells- Thanks so much for your positive words! I hope you're right! :)

    Natalie- Thanks, and thanks for stopping by! :)

    Sarah- thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated! Isn't it fun to jump into other peoples' lives via blog for a little while? I always enjoy reading others' perspectives on things.

    Kassi- yea, we'll see how it goes! I'm just tired of being let down, it's time for a change of pace :) Thanks for your sweet words- I try to remind myself of that every day!

    pbm- I can't wait either... hopefully someday soon :) Yup, those ladies at FTLOB have got it goin' on ;) Isn't it fun to "meet" others?! :)

    Cheryl- Wow, Australia! Between there, the U.S. and Finland, we've got the globe pretty much covered :) Thank you so much for your motivational words! Twice?! My goodness! I'm so glad things have worked out for the better for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being featured!! and on your first year of marriage.

    Remember, that everything happens for a reason.
    Even the bad stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the feature! Sorry that things didn't turn out like ya'll were thinking they would and the anniversary was marked with sad memories. I think this attitude "I think I'm finally ready to let go of it all and just let it happen." will take you far :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Lindsey! I agree... no more wasting time with a bad attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations on the feature!

    Stopping by and I love your space!

    I like your new attitude! Hopefully it will help you out, and the next thing you know, it'll happen again! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Mallori! and thank you for your positive, encouraging words :)

    ReplyDelete