7.01.2011

happy 4th of july weekend!

Happy holiday weekend to my fellow Americans!!  (and okay.... I guess happy Canada Day to you Canadians, too)   And to everyone else- just Happy Weekend!

We kicked the weekend off already with a nice little boat ride last night.  Maddie got to experience her first ride on the boat, and we had no idea how she would do- but she was great!  She absolutely loved life on the water, and I'm pretty sure if she could talk, she'd be begging us to buy a boat of our own.  She was so good that she earned herself another boat ride tomorrow night for the fireworks!


I'm on a boat!

Loving Life!

Enjoying the pretty sunset on the lake

Woo hooo! Good thing I have my fancy schmancy
life jacket on in case I fall out!

For my fellow hockey wives, today also marks the beginning of Free Agency here in North America.  There are always mixed feelings when it comes to being a free agent- to some it is an opportunity to be free from an organization that they no longer desire to be with (and seek a new contract with potentially higher pay), and for others it's an extremely stressful time of uncertainty until a job is nailed down for the upcoming season.  Here's to hoping any and all of you get the deals you guys want in the least amount of time (and least stress) possible! 

Hope everyone has a fantastic, safe, long holiday weekend! 



Photobucket




5 comments:

  1. haha, aww, Maddie is sooo cute in her swimmie!! That looks soo nice! I want a boat too! :) Happy 4th of july weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls!! She HATED it at first... we put it on her and she did. not. move. HA! But once she was on the boat she could have cared less. Happy 4th to you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I stumbled across your blog and just wanted to say I enjoyed the read. Many blogs are so whiney but you seem like a very wonderful and intelligent person. I also wanted to say my deepest condolences for the loss of your babies. I lost a sibling to miscarriage. Saying prayers for you. God bless and Happy Independence Day. Oh and your dog is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your nice compliments!! I have been afraid from time to time that I'm sounding too much like I want people to feel bad for me/us... which is most definitely not the case. My only hope from sharing my story is to help inspire and empathize with others who are going through similar situations and hopefully help them remain optimistic... and help those who have not had a similar experience to understand a bit more about the feelings and daily life that those of us are experiencing after loss(es).

    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers... it is really much appreciated :) I'm so very sorry to hear about your sibling as well. Miscarriage is all too common an occurance, and I would never wish it on my worst enemy!

    Happy Independence day to you as well! Hope you stop by again soon :)

    ReplyDelete