6.09.2011

i can't imagine heaven's lullabies, and what they must sound like...

Sorry to go sad on you all... but I'm really missing our babies tonight.  I thought I've been doing pretty well, but then there's those times that it just hits you all over again.  Like the fact that....

  • baby #1 would be 22 weeks right now [the size of a papaya, 11 inches long!] or baby #2 would be almost 18 weeks [the size of a sweet potato, 5.5 inches long!]
  • we'd know the sex of either baby #1 or baby #2 by now (or very, very soon) and I'd be going nuts buying all kinds of cute little outfits and things for him/her- not to mention he/she would surely have their first pair of hockey skates by now.
  • and therefore we'd have a name picked out for our sweet little one as well!
  • I'd be feeling either of our little peanuts moving by now, and he/she would be able to hear our voices speaking to him/her and telling him/her how much we love them and can't wait to meet them
  • We'd only have to wait a few short months to meet our little one, see what he/she looks like, and start learning what kind of little person he/she is. 

But instead, I've got nothing.  Two angel babies looking down on us from heaven.  I guess that's better than none, but I would give anything for our sweet little one(s) to be with me in my belly right now.  It doesn't help that I still get e-mails and phone notifications telling me "Congratuations! You're 17 weeks pregnant today!" or remembering all of the plans that we had made thinking there was a little one on the way, or when somebody [innocently] asks when we're "going to have babies already?!". 

What upsets infuriates me even more is to see others take their pregnancy or child for granted.  Like the lady at our pool who is 20-some weeks pregnant and smokes 5+ cigarettes in the 2.5 hours she's at the pool while munching on a wide variety of junk foods.  Or that freaking Casey Anthony trial (she's soooo guilty).  How could someone kill their sweet, innocent child like that?  

Please give your child (or beautiful baby belly) an extra hug and kiss tonight and make sure to tell them how much you love them.  Don't forget to take time to step back and realize how blessed you truly are! 

As for those of you in situations similar to us, I hope that you will find comfort in knowing that you are not alone... and that surely, there are better days to come




"Glory Baby" by Watermark
[as posted on My Baby Still]
Glory baby, you slipped away as fast as we could say baby…baby..
You were growing, what happened dear?
You disappeared on us baby…baby..
Heaven will hold you before we do
Heaven will keep you safe until we’re home with you…
Until we’re home with you…


And we miss you everyday
Miss you in every way
But we know there’s a
day when we will hold you
We will hold you
You’ll kiss our tears away
When we’re home to stay
Can’t wait for the day when we will see you
We will see you
But baby let sweet Jesus hold you
‘till mom and dad can hold you…
You’ll just have heaven before we do
You’ll just have heaven before we do


Sweet little babies, it’s hard to
understand it ‘cause we’re hurting
We are hurting
But there is healing
And we know we’re stronger people through the growing
And in knowing-
That all things work together for our good
And God works His purposes just like He said He would…
Just like He said He would…


I can’t imagine heaven’s lullabies
and what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home
And it’s all you’ll ever know…all you’ll ever know…


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to what you feel..but hopefully our time will come as well!!I try not to think about it too much but when all your friends and family is asking about "when are u having baby?" its pretty hard not to get sad.
    Beautiful lyrics btw...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grief is like that. It comes and goes in waves. Sorry you're feeling so down today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are pretty dang strong, if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grief does come and go in waves...I understand your feelings. Our first two children were stillborn. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for all of your support and lovely words ladies <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's alright to be sad sometimes - but at least you're letting that out instead of bottling it! We love for you and care for you, and will always be here to listen :D I understand your feelings, and can't imagine the pain you must feel. HOWEVER your time will definitely come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for stopping by and your kind words, Sarah! If there's one thing I've learned, it's definitely that it's okay to just be sad sometimes. So true! I appreciate it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you are such an inspiration for being able to share something so personal and heartbreaking. I wish you and your husband the best of luck with trying to conceive again and hopefully you can heal from this. From reading your posts you truly deserve to find happiness in bringing a child into this world and you (and your husband) will find that! Patience will make all the difference.

    Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Jen! Oh yes... my good friend patience. We don't get along so well... ;) But you're so right. I make a conscious effort every day to remind myself of that as well and to stay positive :) I truly appreciate all of your wonderful, kind words! thank you, thank you, thank you! :) xo

    ReplyDelete