12.08.2010

wanted: girls night

Well, the team left for their trip today (I feel like I'm constantly saying that lately!)  so it's just me and Maddie-girl here again.  It's been a real bummer lately that there aren't any other North American girls here also (though the one that left does come back after this weekend! woo-hoo).  There are tons of girls from the team, I've mentioned before that virtually all of the guys are married or have a serious girlfriend, but since they are all from around here, they're busy with their own lives most of the time.  They're either busy with kids, work, school, family, friends, etc.  They are all great girls... extremely nice, welcoming, and fun to spend time with when we get the chance, but unfortunately that doesn't happen very often.

That's probably the one thing that I wish were different about here.  It would be nice to have some girls to hang out with when the guys are gone (and just for an occasional girls night here or there!)  Don't get me wrong, I love having time to myself and no offence to Maddie.. she keeps me great company, but I need some girl time!!  I know it makes it that much harder for my hubby to leave also, knowing that I'm here alone.  So to any of my friends at home reading this.... feel free too book a flight over..... cough cough :)

On a brighter note, Maddie and I went for another walk today and discovered a really nice dog park close to our place.  We have been to another one that was further away, but this one is much bigger and nicer, and close to home!  They have many of these dog parks throughout the city, and I'm so excited to find one close to home.  It's in a little wooded area also, so she's able to run around and play without it being on the middle of some street corner downtown.  She had so much fun playing in the snow... it was a good thing she was wearing a red sweater so I could see her or she would have gotten lost!

eating some snow
 beautiful winter scenery in Finland :)




Well, dinner is almost ready and last nights episode of Glee is almost uploaded.  Time for me to eat and hit the couch for a bit :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about it here.. even though everyone speaks english and the girls are wonderful.. It would just be so nice if there was one other girl from the states here... When we were in Russia last year, it was the same way, but WORSE because the other girls (minus one) spoke ONLY russian/Czech for the most part.. it was a HARD year :( Keep your head up! Be happy you have your little pooch :)

    ReplyDelete