12.07.2010

snow, snow and more snow!

Well, yet another snowy day here in Finland!! It's been snowing almost non-stop the last 2 days.  We have almost 20 inches on the ground here.. 40-some centimeters!  Woo hoo, no worries about a White Christmas here!!  I'm so thankful that I don't drive here though... they don't do the greatest job plowing the roads, and the fact that it was a national holiday- Independence Day- here yesterday didn't help that fact either!   I feel bad for all of the people trying to dig their cars out of their plowed-in parking spots on the streets.  I took Maddie for a walk to play in the snow earlier and she was in heaven!!  Almost lost her in a couple snow banks (I was struggling also!) but we both had fun.   

This picture is from a few weeks ago... there is WAYY more snow than that now!


We watched Marley & Me last night (for like the 25th time) and, yet again, I sobbed like a baby.  Not sure if it was a result of the wine I was drinking, but that movie gets me every time.  My childhood dog was a yellow lab and a lot like Marley...not quite as troublesome, but had the same goofy antics, so it always hits close to my heart.  It also makes me spoil Maddie like rotten for a several days after (like she's not spoiled enough already!)  She's becoming quite the spoiled brat lately... I guess I've been giving in to her a lot more with J being gone more frequently.  Hey, I need someone to keep me company!! :)

Now tonight I'm trying out a new recipe (Cheesy Spanish Rice) and watching people outside trek in the snow to J's game.  It's technically an "away" game, but we live right next door to the other team's arena.  I thought I didn't care to go, but now seeing all of the people heading to the game makes me a little jealous... haha.  The team is their big rival, since they are from the same city, so it always makes for an exciting and intense game.  The other team's arena is significantly smaller than ours (8,000 vs. 13,000) and the game tonight is sold out... so I can't even change my mind about going.  Oh well, at least I'll stay warm and dry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment