12.03.2010

holiday season is in full swing :)

Well, the teddy bear toss was fairly successful for their first attempt at it in Finland!! There were quite a few bears- not as many as you see in North America, but maybe after another year or two they'll get closer :)  Plus, my bear and monkey both made it to the ice (I've had some troubles in the past- a few years ago I whipped it sideways and hit someone in the head- typical, graceful me!)  so all in all I'd consider it a success.  The team also made a visit to the Children's Hospital a few days ago for some Christmas tree decorating, carol signing and autograph signing.  According to J, fun was had by all.  The holiday season is in full swing!!

The guys left this morning for their trip, so I've been keeping busy by cooking, baking, and shopping for more Christmas decorations.  It's hard to justify buying a lot of stuff here since we will not be able to bring it home with us... but Christmas is my favorite time of year and I just HAVE to have the place decorated at least somewhat.  As with everything else, decorations are expensive here, so that kind of puts a damper on things as well.  What I wouldn't give to go crazy in the Christmas aisles at Target right now!!!

The team's flight for today was cancelled because Finnair airlines is in the midst of a strike.  I got a good laugh because the guys were all whining since now they had to take a bus (it's like a 7-8 hour drive).  I think they forget that that would be considered a shorter trip in many areas of North America!  What spoiled guys! ;)

One other random comment for today- does anyone else's husband/significant other drive them crazy with their "cleaning up" skills sometimes??  I mean, he's usually very good about helping out at home w ith cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc.  I couldn't ask for anything more in that area, I have truly been blessed!  But when it comes to the little things, he seems to have trouble once in a while.  For example, he'll have a bottle of water/soda/gatorade, finish it, and leave the empty bottle on the counter by the sink (same goes for the milk carton, or the juice carton...)  Really??  The empty bottles go in the recycling bag like 5 feet away in the closet.  Then there is the "finish the last granola bar, I'm kind enough to take the empty box out of the cabinet but I leave it on the counter instead of 2 feet away in the trash".   I swear he does it just to annoy me!! (Yes, dear, I know you will be reading this... that's part of why I'm writing it!!!)  :) :)

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment