12.19.2010

countdown to Christmas

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


Here's a shot of our tree, decorations and presents!  It has taken a lot of willpower from me to sit in front of this all weekend (with no whitnesses) and not dig into them.  It doesn't help how adament my husband is about "DO NOT TOUCH" any of them.  It only makes me want to touch them more (don't worry sweetie, I didn't!!) 

Gosh, I sound like a 5 year old... haha :)  But J and I usually end up telling/giving each other our presents before the actual occasion, so I'm not used to this!  Plus, I have no idea what they are, and I'm a person with no patience what-so-ever.  A lot of these are from J's parents also, so I know there are some goodies from the good ol' U.S. of A., which makes me even more excited.  Aside from all of that, I'm excited to give J his presents.  I usually spoil what I'm going to give him (last year he got his Christmas present on December 2nd, the day that I bought it) so I'm pretty proud of myself that I was able to keep them a secret this long.  I just love shopping for other people, which is part of why Christmas is one of my favorite times of year!

It's been snowing all day here... must be getting a fresh blanket of snow ready for Santa and his reindeer!  My back is still the same :(  but I made it out to do some shopping and got my book! 


I saw LC's books at the bookstore the other day so I figured I'd give them a try.  The selection of English books here isn't so great, and I'll admit I've kind of wanted to read them anyways.  We'll see how it is!

Sorry for 2 fairly uneventful posts in a row... it was just that kind of weekend!!  Nice and relaxing though... :) 

I'm so excited to see more and more of you checking out my blog.  Don't forget to become a follower!  And I always love to hear from new people (and old friends too!)... feel free to say hi, or email me! :)

*Strangers are just friends you have not met yet*


days until Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Hello CDM! Came across your blog while browsing the blogosphere. Had to say that you're real lucky to have found an english book. I'd love to fall on ANYTHING english here in Czech Republic lol! Thought I'd stop by, visit and say Bonjour ;)

    p.s. lovely wedding pics!

    Monique
    www.homesweetflorida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monique! Thanks! And yea, I'll take what I can get! Heading to check out your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my first time stopping by your blog - visiting from Laura's blog. I see you're a hockey girl as well!! Whew - I don't know how you two handle all the cold weather!

    Let me know what you think of LC's book. I love her and I've considered getting some of her books - but haven't tried any yet.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amber! Yea, I'd have to say even worse than the cold is the darkness! :(

    I'll post a review of the book when I'm finished! I'm about halfway through- so far it's pretty good, if you're a reality junkie like me :)

    Merry Christmas to you, also! Love your blog

    ReplyDelete