7.20.2011

crunch time

Where have I been the past several weeks, you ask? 

More like, where haven't I been.  July has taken us all over the map, and we're only halfway through the adventures.

First, there was J's brother's wedding in Indiana - a long weekend of late nights, early mornings, and lots of fun.

Then, we came home for one day and were off on an impromptu trip to Florida.  Since we got back from there late Friday night, we've been packing, packing and more packing.  And running errands.

Oh, and did I mention I got a job, that I fly to San Francisco for a week of training for?  Super, super exciting!  But it's added yet another thing to the mix, and now means that I leave this Sunday (the 24th) instead of the 28th - for good. 

No matter how many times we pack up our lives, I can honestly say it never gets easier.  Everything has it's place, yes, but it is exhausting.

Though, unlike last year... this year I am the one jetting off to someplace new and leaving the stuff behind for the hubby to take care of.  I was more than excited about the idea of him being stuck with it (sounds harsh, but I've had my fair share of 'being stuck' with packing up and moving everything!)  but I've realized the past few days that I need like to have everything done my way or it drives me nuts. (okay, who am I kidding... I've known I've been like that for my whole life.  I have no idea why I thought this time would be different....)  We have specific boxes labeled for different rooms (kitchen, bathroom, etc) and I like everything to go back right in their place.  It's like putting a puzzle back together- everything has it's place, it's just up to us to find it again.  If it were up to J, he'd throw it all into the nearest box and have it all mixed together.  Efficent now- yes, Organized when it comes time to unpack next Spring- NO!

I'm a little nervous about not being here to finalize everything, but I now the hubs will do an amazing job.  He'll be taking Maddie by himself now too, so I'm sure I'll worry about that until I hear that they are safe and sound in Finland.  Guess that's my mommy instincts :)

So, it's going to be a good 10 days or so until I'm back to blogging as usual.  Now is time for packing and spending my last little bit of time with family/friends, heading to San Fran to start my new job on Sunday (!!!!) and then heading straight to Helsinki from there (literally from one side of the globe to the other!)

Hope everyone's having a great summer and staying COOL!  It's been HOT here lately- TOO hot, and I'm kind of excited to get to some cooler weather.  There can never just be a happy medium, huh?  Funny how that works.

I better get back to my work and get some good sleep - Crunch time is in full swing!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What kind of job did you get where you can do it in Finland, if you don't mind me asking? I am thinking of moving to Europe but haven't figured out the whole work thing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK CMD!! I would LOVE to hear all about the job in a future post...just throwing it out there ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with everything! The move, the job training, the packing up. Somehow it all seems to come together, but never when in the middle of doing so, haha. We'll be seeing you back here in bloggyland when you are in Finland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies!

    The job is a customer support position with a company in the U.S., done via computer. A unique opportunity to say the least!

    ReplyDelete