3.01.2011

stylish blogger

So... apparently I'm late to the party.  While catching up on some of the blogs I enjoy reading, I noticed that 2 bloggers (and fellow hockey wives) have awarded me the "Stylish Blogger Award" a little while back.


Thank You Mrs K and HM !

I'm new to this award thing, but I guess I'm supposed to share 7 random things about myself and pass it on to other "stylish" bloggers, so here goes:

1)  I love Mexican food.  Not sure why, I'm a white-girl from Wisconsin.  But something about the taste of spiced & seasoned tacos, burritos, nachos, salsa, guacamole, rice et al really gets me going.  Okay... now I'm hungry...

2)  I went to boarding prep school for 8th, 9th & 10th grade.  And it was the best experience of my life.  I know my parents were sad to see me go (and I'll admit, I got homesick at times too), but it is probably the life experience that has had the largest impact on my life so far, and probably always will be.  Many times I regret not finishing high school there, but I know that all of my choices and decisions have made me the person I am today.... and if I had not stayed home my junior year, my husband and I never would have met.

3)  I have lived in 6 different cities, yet my parents have not moved zip codes throughout my 24 years of life.  I guess that goes to show my independence and need to be a "free bird"!

4)  I have a degree in Early Childhood Education, and have worked as a preschool teacher and nanny prior to moving to Finland.  Children are truly my passion.  It's amazing what you can learn from them and such a rewarding thing to be able to teach children and watch & help them grow and develop.  Plus, they don't lie when they say that "kids say the darndest things"... I could write a book of all the stuff kids have said to me!

5)  I also played Lacrosse in high school.  Hockey isn't the only sport this girl has played!  While at prep school, we were required to play a Spring sport as well.  A bunch of us hockey girls got together and the school started a girls lacrosse team (they already had boys) and we were actually pretty good!  Except for the part where we almost got kicked out of the league because we played "too rough".... what do you expect when you put a bunch of hockey players who are used to wearing full equipment out on a field together with sticks and hard rubber balls? :)

6)  I wear a size 5 shoe.  Or 3.5 if I buy the kids sneakers.  So in case you wanted to buy some for me... now you know :).  It is almost impossible to find shoes that fit (that don't light up or have Dora the Explorer on them).  Thank goodness stores like Nordstrom come to the rescue, with their wide selection of small sizes in sophistocated and stylish shoes... and if they don't have them, they'll ship them to your door for free.  On the bright side... I can buy the kids Nike's and they cost half the price... :)

7)  16 is my favorite number.  I don't know why, but it is, always has been, and always will be.  I think I "borrowed" it from my older brother who always had 16 as his hockey number... must run in the family.  I try to get Jeremy to change to 16 every season, and each year, no such luck ;)

Now, for blogs that I feel deserve the "stylish" blogger award (what does that really even mean anyways? haha)... even though I know many of you have already recieved it, I still want to let you know that I think the same :)

Face off: The Life of a Hockey Wife
Following a Fox
Mrs K
TexaGermaNadian
There she is
The Yotes Diva
Travel Babbles: Living the (hockey) life
A Day in the Life
A Day in the Life of a Hockey Wife
Escaping the Single Life
Now that I'm no longer 25
100 MILES HIGHWAY
Tales of a Hockey Wife

I truly enjoy reading each of these blogs... whether you put a lot of time and effort into it or just jot down your experiences and life updates every few days, they are all wonderful to read.  Keep it up ladies :)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award sweetie :) I love reading yours as well! 16 is my FAV NUMBER TOO!!!! :) lol.. yeah, Joakim isn't fond of it either.. but i had it when playing soccer.. guess i thought 16 was a great age.. and chose it for that reason.. ? who knows.. but it's stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks pretty lady!! I love reading yours as well:) And you are, most definitely, as stylish blog...and I love it!!

    Totally feel you on the shoe size. I have tiny feet and I can never find shoes that fit. And on top of that, my arches are extremely high, so I have to be careful with what I wear. So frustrating!

    What isn't frustrating is Mexican Food. Its my favorite as well. I could live off of it for the rest of my life with no complaints...as long as Margaritas are involved as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you:)) Im like you on the food thing..but my thing is italian cuisine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura- Love a fellow #16! :)

    Marian- thank you! :) yes... ugh... so many cute shoes out there that I will never get to buy. Guess it does save me lots of money though! And margaritas? Yes, please! :)

    Mrs K- Italian is a close 2nd for me! I just LOVE food in general ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! ! I enjoy readings yours as well..!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I love little facts about people!
    Came across your blog on FTLOB!

    www.thelittlebeachs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and my button code was redone ... I noticed it's this weird photobucket blank image on the left. If you want to replace it, you can! If not, no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. KY and Katherina - of course, you earned it! :)

    Little Beachs- Thanks! Can't wait to check out your blog now :)

    HW- anytime... you ladies all deserved it! And so thatttts what happened... I was wondering :) Going to change it now!

    ReplyDelete