5.26.2011

giuliana & bill

Giuliana and Bill Rancic were on the tv show The Doctors today and I could not have been more excited.  They're one of my fav celeb couples, and could possibly be my new Nick & Jessica (they'll never be replaced, but it's about time I start moving on...). 


source

I really connected with Giuliana and Bill by fluke right after my first miscarriage in February.  Since I was pretty much bedridden (more by choice than anything) for like a week after the beginning, I had to find some new shows to watch.  I had seen Giuliana and Bill a couple times before, but didn't know a whole lot about them or their show.  She's a E! personality and he won The Apprentice.  But, as I began watching the show, I learned about their struggles with fertility and the heartache they were experiencing as a result.  Giuliana did finally get pregnant (thanks to IVF), only to suffer a miscarriage at 8 weeks. 

That was it.  We bonded immediately.  She was my new bff, even though she doesn't know it.  I felt so connected to them through our mutual heartache and grief, and as much as it breaks my heart to see someone else going through such an awful thing, I realized we were not alone.  It doesn't matter who you are, how much money you have, what you do for a job... you are still at the mercy of God's will.

As I laid in bed watching their heartwrenching story play out through the episodes, I was grieving with them.  Since I had never been through a loss like that before, I had no idea how to act or what to expect.  I barely even knew about miscarriage or how common it is.  Giuliana and Bill opened my eyes and helped me regain a positive attitude.  If they weren't giving up after trying for so long, neither was I.

I praise Giuliana and Bill for being so open about their fertility issues and pregnancy loss.  They are trying very hard to get rid of the negative stigma that surronds the topics of infertility and miscarriage and helping people realize that they don't have to suffer in silence.  That they are not alone.  This was exactly their message on The Doctors today, and I commend them for using their 'fame' as a means to communicate these issues. 

If you haven't seen Giuliana and Bill's show or read their book I Do, Now What?  I highly recommend them. The book is great for any newly married couple (or any married couple for that matter!) and has tons of great advice.  I'm about 3/4 of the way through it, and even the hubs has read a few chapters (though he won't admit to it I'm sure).  They're an adoreable couple and I just can't get enough of them!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I loved Newlyweds!! And I was sad when they broke up..I even wished for them to get back together..hihi still do:)))
    But this couple seems like a really good replacement! I dont think their show has reached Sweden yet but I will try to find their book!!

    ReplyDelete