3.08.2011

what's going on

Thought I'd write a quick post to update on what's going on in the C & J household/world this week.

* J's last 2 games of the regular season are this week... Today & Thursday.  The team is currently in 6th place, and need to stay there to be guaranteed a playoff spot.  They play the top 2 teams in the league this week (including Mrs K's hubby tonight :) )  so it will be no easy task. 
Here's how it works: Should they end up anywhere from 7th-10th place, they will play a 3 game mini-series with one other team to determine which will move on to the playoffs with the Top 8 teams.  If they can (*fingers crossed*) stay in 6th (or higher!)  they will get a little break during this "qualifying round".

* Today is my last day "alone" for the regular season while J is away for the game.  Mixed feelings about that one! ;) 

* We're still brainstorming ideas and plans for our end-of-the-season trip.  It's just so hard to narrow anything down!  But I'm sure no matter what we decide, it will be wonderful. 

* I plan to start packing some of our stuff up and sorting out what needs to come home with us for the summer and what can stay here until next season.  It's crazy to think how soon the end of the season has come... but hopefully we still have several more weeks left! :)

* The weather in Helsinki is finally warming up a bit.  We're hanging right in the 30's F.  Not bad considering less than 2 weeks ago it was -20 F! 

* I'm working on plans for my future S.I.L's Bridal Shower in June.  Can't wait to make all of the creative ideas in my head a reality... I just looooove being a hostess! :)

* Also in the works are a couple new blog posts (of various topics) and hopefully a new blog design!  Be sure to come back and check them out :)

* Continuing expanding my photography skills!  It is quickly becoming a cherished hobby of mine.

* And last, but not least... keeping up with our shows!  The Bachelor, American Idol, NCIS: Los Angeles, Glee, Kourney & Kim, Teen Mom... etc.  Wow, am I a reality tv w*ore or what?  I guess I just throw them in along with all of the National Geographic, Viasat Explorer, Hockey & other sports programs J makes me watch, for good measure :)

Hope everyone is having a great start to their week!  Soon it will be SPRING!!

 

6 comments:

  1. Good luck to J in his games!!! :) Can't believe how fast the season has gone!!- packing up is definitely a good feeling! It's been warming up here for the past couple weeks too! it's wonderfuL! and finally the sun has decided to make an appearance again! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much a little sunshine changes everything! :) Best of luck to you guys as well! Definitely has gone super fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeeey!! Only two games left!!Im so happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay 2 more games!! Hope your hubs has a great playoff run and then it will be time to go HOME wohoo!! I'll be thinking of you guys when you get to come home from Finland and eat LEGIT American food haha. Take Care CMD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, I can't believe it's almost over! Time flies. Ohhh, Hillary, you don't even KNOW how excited I am for American food (okay, you prob do... I'm sure your fiance ate a weeks worth in a matter of a day or 2 after he got back :) ) Thanks for sending some luck our way and thinking of us... Hope you're having a FANTASTIC off season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to stop by and say hi :) Im your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete