3.31.2011

moi moi finland, hello america

Well... for those of you who don't know, the team lost in game 7 of the quarterfinals on Monday night, putting and end to their season.  It was a little earlier than hoped and it was too bad they couldn't pull out a win and keep going.  But, on the bright side....

WE'RE COMING HOME TO THE U.S. of A.!!!
(nope, no excitement in that or anything... not one bit ;) )


I wish it was as simple as heading to the airport and jumping on the next flight, but unfortunately, it's not.  Stuff has to be packed up and moved to the rink for storage.  The apartment needs to be cleaned out.  Laundry has to be done.  Our car needs to be returned.  Maddie needs to go to the vet to get her papers for back home (this is about the only thing we have completely done so far... haha).  Keys to our apartment, cell phone cards, TV card, have to be returned to their proper owners.  Hubs has team meetings.  Planning a time to see our friends here before we take off.  Tickets have to be booked (...minor detail).  All of that wonderful, fun stuff that is even more fun and wonderful when it stands in the way of getting home!

I despise packing and moving (someone remind me again why I picked a lifestyle that requires I do this twice a year again?  oh, that's right, a cute boy brainwashed me into thinking it'd be fun ;) )  but I'm keeping my eye on the prize:  4 wonderful summer months spent at home, with family and friends, eating all of my lovely American foods, trips to Target whenever I feel like it, drying the laundry in a ¡dryer!, driving a car (warning to those of you I will be sharing the roads with back home: this girl hasn't driven in 7 months!) buying milk by the gallon so we don't have to go to the store every. single. day.  Don't get me wrong, I like Finland a lot, and I'm sure come July I will be more than excited to get back.  But no matter where you're from, I think we all can agree.... There's no place like home!

We don't have an offical date of arrival set yet, but it will more than likely be sometime this weekend or early next week.  The hubs is acutally at the rink right now for meetings and figuring all that good stuff out and we hope to have our flights booked by tonight.  I know I kept talking about our European trip we were going to take at the end of the season, but, for several reasons, it's just going to have to wait :)  We may decide to take a trip somewhere warm once we get back, but we'll see how we're feeling.  Right now we need to just focus on getting home first. 

So, off I go to continue packing and cleaning.  I'm still waiting for my personal assistant to come and help me.... but she just never seems to show?  Not sure what's up with that ;) 


Moi Moi Finland, see you in 4 months :)
Hello America, can't wait to see you!!



4 comments:

  1. Wohoo! You are soo right, there is NO place like home! The food alone is worth skipping Europe and getting back to the States...Jordan has gained 12 lbs since he's been back from Finland haha.

    Wishing you safe travels CMD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...yay!! So happy that you get to go home..even though you have to deal with all the packing! How exciting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip back home!! "See u" in the blogworld on the other side of the Atlantic:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! :) haha Hillary... hopefully the same won't go for me... or at least something more in porportion to my body. I could probably eat my weight in American food this next week!

    ReplyDelete