1.11.2011

just a quick update

Well, J is at his away game (at the arena next door again) so it's just me and Maddie girl tonight.  I turned on the TV for Dr. Phil and what episode are they re-playing?  OCTOMOM.  Gag!!  It's the only English show I could find right now (that's at least somewhat worth watching) but I just couldn't handle watching it.  I'd rather sit in silence.

After all my complaining about the freezing weather here, it's been above 0 (mid-30's F) the past few days.  The wind is still pretty chilly, but it's still warmer than before.  Now the snow is melting (and refreezes at night) causing lots of puddles, slush, and ICE.  I can't even count how many times I have almost wiped it big time in the past 3 days.  I guess there will always be something to complain about- I'm sure in July I'll be blogging about it being too hot and sweating too much, so maybe that means I should enjoy the nice cool air and beautiful snow now.

Sunday was filled with trips to the pet store, mall, and Ikea.  My purchases were 2 new pairs of shoes, a robe, a veggie peeler, and probably my favorite: A 17 pc. tupperware set from Ikea.  Yup, I'm officially old and married.  I got all that stuff and that is what brought me the most gratification?  But, in my defence, it comes in all different sizes and it was only 3.95!  I think I showed every single person we talked to on Skype that night that damn tupperware set.  Sorry, family and friends! :)

 
 who wouldn't want this cute little set?

 On a different note, I'm super proud of myself for creating and installing my new header for the blog, along with my button (on the left) and the background.  I'm still deciding if I want to keep the background or give another one a shot.  We'll see how I feel about it in a few days.   As I'm sure you've noticed, I've decided to include personal pictures of us (other than the main one that has always been there).  After much debating and consulting with the hubs, we both thought it would leave a nice personal touch on my blog.  I'm still choosing to keep our names private, but it's nice to be able to share our pictures with our family and friends who read this.  As for those that read but do not know us personally, now you are able to put faces to the names and people that you read about :)

Make it a great day, Friends!


These beautiful flowers have been gracing me with their presence since last week :)  It's amazing how something so simple can put a smile on your face.   

5 comments:

  1. Nice!Really like your new header!And I hope that the warm weather is there to stay since im arriving in Finland tmw:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The update looks great! I love the hockey stick and heels on the side runners. Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!

    Mrs. K- I hope so too. Enjoy your time in Finland with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the new look :) <3 we had a "heat wave" too!!! .... couldn't believe 0C could feel so good! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I love the new header!! It looks great. Nice work girl!!!

    ReplyDelete