1.06.2011

Christmas is over, it can warm up anyday now!

I know it's only the beginning of January, but I have to say it: I'm over the cold!  I know it's a little too early to be saying that, especially in Finland (didn't winter just technically start like, 2 weeks ago?), but I haven't had a single ray of sunshine hit my skin since early September.  I've had enough- get me somewhere warm, ASAP!

Ok, so maybe that's just wishful thinking and won't be happening anytime soon, but a girl can dream, can't she?  I find myself longing for the feeling of warm sunshine hitting my skin while lounging on a beach with my toes in the water.  Guess they weren't lying when they say the darkness here can really get to ya.

get me back to Jamaica, pronto!

I don't think I've worn any less than 3 layers to step out the door in months.  Sure, you get used to the cold.  Suddenly -20 C doesn't feel so cold to you anymore (don't even get me started on the wind chills).  And should you be lucky enough to see the mercury rise (yes, rise) to -5 or above, Alleluiah!  You had better get out and get some fresh air, cause surely it won't last long.  And I hope you like living in a 24/6 (I'll give them the extra day as a freebie) snow globe, cause even if it's tiny microscopic flakes, they're still there!

source
 All this, my friends, is coming from someone who has lived in the Upper Midwest and New England her whole life.  I've experienced my share of cold weather and seen more snow than I can remember.  I'm not complaining about living in Finland (well, not that much at least) but how did we manage to find ourselves in probably one of the only places colder than the Northern U.S.?  Aren't there teams in Florida, Texas, California, Italy??  Aye yai yai.  Figures. 

I guess for now I'll crank up my little space heater and daydream of the hot weather of the off-season  :)

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh dont even get me started about the snow and cold weather!!! Im going insane with all the snow soon! Is this global warming?? Looks alot more like IceAge if u ask me:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, snow is only pretty for so long. It gets old after awhile. But I am more of a fan of being cold and having snow then being just plain cold. I need something for all that hard work to keep warm:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... exactly! I get excited about snow in like... November, and enjoy having a white Christmas, but after that it can take a hike! I agree though, if it's going to be cold there might as well be snow.

    ReplyDelete